2016 ITE SF Bay Area Annual Golf Tournament
Friday, June 10th, 2016
Tilden Park, Berkeley Hills
Join the SF Bay Area Section of the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) for this year’s Student Scholarship Fund / Annual Golf Tournament on June 10, 2015 at the Tilden Park Golf Course. Nestled in the Berkeley Hills, the course has stunning views of the Bay and City skylines.
This is an amazing fundraising event, in its fourth year hosted solely by the San Francisco Bay Area ITE Section. Individual participation and corporate sponsorship will help provide financial assistance (scholarships and awards) to outstanding students in our community, helping them to succeed in their pursuit of engineering careers.
June ITE SF Bay Area Lunch Meeting- Bay Area Express Lanes – An Update
Thursday, June 16th, 2016
Ozumo Restaurant, Oakland
Join the SF Bay Area Section of the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) for June’s lunch meeting focused on Express Lanes. Presenters include:
– Lisa Klein, MTC (“Engineering and Express Lanes Network”)
– Elizabeth Rutman, ACTC (“I-580: A New Generation of Express Lanes”)
– Jane Yu, VTA (“Lessons Learned from SR 237/I-80 Express Connector Operations”)
A’s vs Rays Baseball Game
Friday, July 22, 2016, 7:05 p.m.
Join SF Bay ITE for a baseball Battle of the Bay between the Oakland Athletics and the Tampa Bay Rays!
SF Bay Area Section – Endowment Fund Challenge
The San Francisco Bay Area Section elected board members are challenging our membership to make a contribution to the Western District’s Richard T. Romer Student Endowment Fund to help achieve its goal of reaching $500,000 from its current balance of $440,000. Sections all over the Western District are banding together to “Close the Gap” in the Student Endowment Fund.
- The Student Endowment Fund was created ten years ago to provide stability to the Student Initiatives Program of the ITE Western District and help funds the following:
- Waiving ITE dues and District Annual Meeting fees for faculty advisors
- Waiving ITE dues and subsidizing District Annual Meetings fees for students
- Funding travel to district Annual Meetings through student competitions, student papers and projects, and the Data Collection Fund which exposes students to typical project processes used in the profession
- Sponsoring special events for students and professionals
- Subsidizing costs for the annual Student Leadership Summit, which will be entering its fourth year
Many members of our section began as ITE student members and by contributing to the Endowment Fund you are directly encouraging young students to pursue a career in transportation engineering.
The four of us will be contributing a total of $825 and are challenging our Section’s membership to at least meet the same amount. If our members contribute at least $825, then the Section Board will contribute $850 for a total of $2500. If each of our 440 members in our Section contributes $2, we will make our goal.
All contributions are tax-deductible and we hope your will consider furthering our student activities and initiatives by our June 3rd fundraising deadline.
Additional information about the Endowment Fund can be found at:
Follow this link to make your contribution:
Please indicate that you are from the “SF Bay Area Section” for tracking purposes.
Thank you for your consideration,
Paul Stanis, President
Lin Zhang, Vice President
Bhanu Kala, Treasurer
Frank Penry, Secretary
2016 ITE SF Bay Area Section Elections
Cast Your Vote Today
The ITE SF Bay Area Section’s elections for year 2016-2017 are underway! All section members with active memberships and email addresses registered with ITE should receive emails today with instructions and log-in information for voting online. If you did not receive the email, please contact the Section Secretary, Frank Penry at email@example.com
Online voting will take place through June 10th, Friday. Election results will be announced at the June 16th lunch meeting.
Request for Proposals
County of Humboldt
Planning and Building Department
Advance Planning Division
Request for proposals to prepare transportation, greenhouse gas emissions, and noise impact sections of a recirculation draft environmental impact report for the Humboldt County General Plan Update. Click here to view the RFP.